Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Local Forum: 'The Pursuit of Happiness', February 24th at Florey's!



Florey's welcomes you to our discussion group!

***Wednesday, February 24th, 7:30pm-9pm***

From the host, Amanda:

First off, I'd like to happily announce that I've FINALLY decided on a better group name than Culture Club. Honestly, since that popped into my head a year ago I didn't like it at all but I had no idea what else to call it. Eureka! I've got it! Henceforth I'll be referring to our discussion group as "Local Forum" since it just makes way more sense. Let me know if you like it or not.

February's topic is one I'm pretty excited about since it's more abstract than any previous topics we've had. We'll be discussing The Pursuit of Happiness. Questions like... how much happiness is a person entitled to? Why are some 'pursuits of happiness' more socially acceptable than others and is that fair (drugs vs. health)? Do you agree with the inclusion of this as an American right? How does this affect our culture? Can money buy happiness? What is the difference between contentment and happiness?

=============
We hope to see you!

Pacifica Culture Club
***Wednesday, February 24th, 7:30-9:00pm***
=============

Florey’s Book Company
2120 Palmetto Avenue
Pacifica, CA 94044
(650) 355-8811
Open 10 am to 6 pm every day! (8 pm Fridays)
http://www.floreysbooks.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/FloreysBookCo