Thursday, July 20, 2017

Local Forum: 'The Beauty of Friendship', July 27th at Florey's!



Florey's welcomes you to our discussion group!

***Thursday, July 27th, 7:30pm-9:00pm***

We will be meeting to discuss the topic: The Beauty of Friendship.

From Nico:

Good Evening Everyone!

I'm back from my trip to the Netherlands. The place was inspiring; so much so, that it inspired me to organize a solid topic for our upcoming discussion.

Perhaps the only stain on my trip overseas, was an big argument I had with one of my friends. He's been around since high school, but the recent spat has really forced me to evaluate my definition of a friend and what it means to be someone else friend.

They say some friends come and and some friends go, but only a select few will stay around for the long haul. So it goes without saying that a lot of thought has to be put into who one invites into their close social circle. So for this month's discussion, I'd suggest thinking of the following things to help nurture conversation for this subject.

Ideas to Consider

Think of some of the close friends you've had in your lifetime? What were some traits that made them resonate with you?
Have you had any arguments with friends? What were the fallout of some of them?
There are levels to friendships; what are the circles you have for yourself, and how do you categorize people into them?
What are some lessons you have learned through close friends?

Those are just starting points, but I hope it gets your mind thinking about all the factors of friendship.

=============
We hope to see you!

Local Forum
***Thursday, July 27th, 7:30-9:00pm***
=============

Florey’s Book Company
2120 Palmetto Avenue
Pacifica, CA 94044
(650) 355-8811
Open 10 am to 6 pm every day! (8 pm Fridays)
---Closed July 30 through August 5th---
http://www.floreysbooks.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/FloreysBookCo